Go for Green Ads!
Did you know that 99.9% of printed ad flyers with newspaper, and pamphlets in mail are discarded the day of delivery ?
Go Green; Go Paperless! Call the leader within you and start making the responsible choice of paperless marketing strategy
and start the move towards a new sustainable media channel. We are doing our bit by providing a green media platform.
-Team ECity Portal
Save water bodies in Begur, Bettadasapura, Kammasandra, Veerasandra and many more...
- Implement RWH.
- Implement solar street lighting.
- Install water treatment plant.
- Install water meters.
- Go paperless. Store electronically.
- Email forums can be as democratic as conventional meetings.
- AGMs and GBMs can support Electronic opinion polls.
- Use community notice boards.
- Enforce seggregation of garbage (bio degradable, recyclable, non bio degradable non recyclable )
- Ensure proper garbage disposal.
- Use organic gardening methods in community gardens.
- Restrict unsolicited sales persons.
- Ban distribution of flyers and pamphlets.
- Plan for shared shuttles to bus-stops.
- Object to hoardings in the vicinity of your community.
- Grow trees suitable for tree-lining.
- Publish in forum, community wide green policy
Green Office Tips
- Turn off lights, computers and appliances when not in use.
- Recycle and buy Recycled.
- Ensure proper recycling and disposal of hazardous e-waste.
- Use less of everything; conserve natural resources.
- Go paperless. Store electronically.
- Write precise readable emails that need not be scrolled or printed.
- Think before you print.
- Print both sides of paper. Reduce margin setting.
- Print in draft mode. Avoid colour prints.
- Energy star rated products consume only 2/3 energy.
- Use laptops instead of desktops.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent lamps (CFL).
- Use ozone free air conditioners.
- Use Solar heating.
- Encourage employees to bring own mug & dishware to work.
- Provide filtered water instead of bottled water.
- Provide air-dryer in bathrooms
- Encourage car-pools & public transport.
- Support telecommute, econference, video conference.
- Grow trees and indoor plants in campus.
- Provide recycle boxes.
- Post a company green policy in your website.
Towards a Paperless Office...
If you make it convenient for people to collaborate with you in a paperless office, they will. Choosing not to print an email or document is a baby step. Millions of people taking baby steps might eventually lead to a paperless world...
- Use digital fax.
- Use imaging & document management system :
- Easier to organize, store, search, locate, access, edit, send, share & secure .
- Less workforce.
- More productive.
- Less storage space.
- Easy data backup.
- Easy disaster recovery.
- More secure.
Green Home Tips
- Live close to work.
- Utilize natural light and ventilation.
- Set monthly goal to reduce water & electricity bills.
- Pay bills online.
- Switch over to ePapers from printed news.
- Don't subscribe to magazines that you do not read.
- Use Solar water heaters.
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Ensure regular maintenance of appliances.
- Buy appliances for exchange offers.
- Let hot food cool naturally before storing in fridge.
- Organize food in fridge to minimize door-open duration.
- Regularly clean condenser coils behind fridge.
- Close tap while brushing teeth or scrubbing vessels.
- Reuse kitchen water & waste water from water purifier to garden.
- Water garden in the morning when evaporation is minimum.
- Switch over to organic gardening by avoiding chemical fertilizer, pesticides etc.
- Utilize terrace, balcony for gardening.
- Use dishwash scrubs made of natural fibre.
- Go for natural fibre carpets instead of synthetic.
- Soak grains to reduce cooking time.
- Support biofuel.
- Switch off TV and have family dinner!.
- Use clean towels instead of tissue.
- Seggregate garbage before disposal.
- Take your own cloth/fibre bag to grocery.
- Buy washable clothes. Avoid dry-clean.
- Say NO to chewing gum.
- Download music.
- Rent movie CDs/DVDs.
- Send e-greetings.
- Use bucket water & sponge to clean car.
- Switch engine off in red traffic signals.
- Paint exterior in light colors.
- Donate unused usables.
Hoardings are a threat to public safety.
Hoardings distract motorists.
Can cause fire hazards.
Source of vermins in the neighbourhood.
Choice of colours and illumination can cause visual impairment.
Visual clutter detracts the quality of streetscape.
Numerous hoardings are an eyesore to the city skyline.
Content can be distasteful.
Tattered and torn hoardings due to weathering are unsightly.