Adventure Tourism in Karnataka
- Follow safety instruction on sign boards.
- Do not trespass reserved forest area where human activity is prohibited.
- Do not venture into unfamiliar water bodies, which can be very deceptive even for expert swimmers, due to the presence of water currents, crocodiles or marshes. Beware of water release from dams.
- Ameteurs should go only with authorized guides/trainers for rock climbing, water sports etc. Beware of slippery rocks.
- Try these only when your health permits.
Places of Interest
Hot air balloon ride
- Parasailing: Hoskote, 22 Kms from Bangalore
- Paragliding: Nandi Hills, Hebbal Lake
- Microlight Flying: Jakkur airstrip near Hebbal lake
- Avionics: Bangalore hosts premier air show with the latest aviation technology
- Trekking & Camping
Karnataka's trekking trails are mostly located in the Western Ghats - North and South Canara, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Hassan and Coorg / Kodagu. Kuduremukha, Kodachari, Agumbe, Kumara Parvata, Tadiyandamol hill are popular for trekking.
- Water Sports
Karnataka beach resorts and sports clubs offer the thrills of scuba diving, coracling, surfing, canoeing, kayaking or windsurfing for water sport lovers. Honnemaradu 25 Kms from Sagar town on the backwaters of Sharavathi river, Devbagh, Gokarna , Karwar beach near South Goa border in Uttara Karnataka, Marawanthe in Udupi district all have water sporting. facilities. Jetski riding can be done in Murudeshwar and Malpe. Netrani island, Murudeshwar offers scuba diving.
- Rock Climbing
Savandurga, Madhugiri, Turahalli, New Rocks, Badami, Ramanagara, Raogodlu, Kabbal Durga, Hampi, Antara Gange and Kunti Betta.
- Mountain Biking
In and around Cauvery valley, Dandeli forest.
Whitefield, R,T.Nagar in Bangalore have karting tracks.
Bheemeshwari, Galibore and Doddamakali
- Cave Exploration
Siddrabetta, Tumkur, Antara Gange and Kolar have damp walls with paintings and carvings with little or no lighting and heating. Badami has carved cave temples.
and snow mountain activities
are not available in Karnataka