- Government heritage buildings
- Seshadri Iyer Memorial Library
- Cheshire Dyer Memorial
- Lawns and fountains
- Treeline avenues
- Ringwood circle
- Lotus pond
- Bamboo grove nook
- Bal Bhavan
- Ottawa Chatter
Cubbon Parkwith its vast lawns, rose gardens, statues, treelines and fountains, is known for its serenity and is a favourite spot of regular joggers and walkers. Covering an expanse of 250 acres, it is a major lung space of Bangalore. The park has about 68 genera and 96 species with a total of around 6000 plants and trees growing in its locale.
The Cubbon Park, engineered by Sir Richard Sankey in 1870, the then Chief Engineer of Mysore has gone through a series of name changes. The park first was named as Meade’s Park after Sir John Meade, the acting Commissioner of Mysore who established the park in 1870. It was subsequently renamed as Cubbon Park after commissioner Sir Mark Cubbon. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s rule in Mysore State, in the year 1927, the park was again renamed as Sri. Chamarajendra Park. Cubbon Park is now administered by the Karnataka State Department of Horticulture.
Cubbon Park is located in the heart of Bangalore city and encloses important Government buildings and interesting places along Kasturba Road. The park houses a Public Library (Seshadri Iyer Memorial Library), Childrens Park (Jawahar Bal Bhavan), Dolls Museum, Cheshire Dyer Memorial Hall and Ottawa Chatter. State Legislative House(Vidhana Soudha), High Court( Attara Kacheri), Government Museum and Venkatappa Art Gallery, Government Aquarium etc. lie on Kasturba road.
Following are the statues in Cubbon Park :
- Queen Victoria statue (1906)
- King Edward VII statue (1919)
- Major General Sir Mark Cubbon statue
- Rajya Dhurandhara Sir K. Sheshadri Iyer statue (1913)
- Sri. Chamarajendra Wodeyar statue(1927)
Department of Horticulture
Location: Kasturba Road
Silent zone: 5 am - 8 am