Infosys Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: INFY) was started in 1981 by N.R.Narayana Murthy and six engineers in Pune, India, with US$ 250. In 1994, the corporate headquarters moved to Electronics City, Bangalore. Infosys was listed on NASDAQ in 1999. Mr.Narayana Murthy had served Infosys until May 2013. Dr.Vishal Sikka is a whole-time director of the Board, the CEO & MD of Infosys. Today, Infosys is a global leader in the "next generation" of IT and consulting; a publicly traded company driven by 165,000+ relentless innovators and annual revenues of US $8.53bn (LTM Q2 FY15). Infosys helps enterprises transform in a changing world through strategic consulting, operational leadership, and the co-creation of breakthrough solutions, including those in mobility, sustainability, big data, and cloud computing. Over 98.1% of revenues are from existing customers (as of Q2 FY15 results on 30 September 2014).
Infosys offerings span business and technology consulting, systems integration, IT infrastructure services. Infosys pioneered the Global Delivery Model (GDM), which emerged as a disruptive force in the industry leading to the rise of offshore outsourcing. The GDM is based on the principle of taking work to the location where the best talent is available, where it makes the best economic sense, with the least amount of acceptable risk.
Infosys has a global footprint with 73 sales and marketing offices and 93 development centers in India, China, Australia, the Czech Republic, Poland, the UK, Canada and Japan. Infosys and its subsidiaries have more than 165,000+ employees as on 31 March 2014.
Awards and AchievementsInfosys has consistently been honored by customers, industry bodies, media and other influencers. Some of the awards and achievements are:
- First Indian company to list on a US stock exchange
- First Indian company to do a POWL in Japan
- First Indian company to be added to the NASDAQ-100 index
- Selected as member of The Global Dow
- Ranked among top 50 most respected companies in the world by Reputation Institute's Global Pulse 2009
- Listed on Forbes' Asian Fabulous 50
- A five-time Global MAKE Winner
- Voted the Most Admired Indian Company in The Wall Street Journal Asia 200 since 2000
- Platinum Award for Best Green Strategy for a Data Center
- NASSCOM gender inclusivity award
- One of the Top 25 performers in Caring for Climate initiative by UN Global Compact and UN Environment Program.
- Ranked No.1 among the best managed companies in Asia Pacific in the annual Euromoney Best Managed Companies in Asia survey 2013.
Corporate Social ResponsibilityInfosys believes that its responsibilities extend beyond the boundaries of business. Since 1996, the Infosys Foundation has worked to support the underprivileged in society in the areas of healthcare, education, social rehabilitation and the arts. The Foundation is active in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa and Punjab in india. The Infosys Science Foundation awards the Infosys Prize to some of the most important research in the sciences and the humanities.
Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Plot No. 44 & 97A,
Bangalore - 560 100