Biocon Limited and its two subsidiary companies, Syngene International Limited and Clinigene International Limited form a fully integrated biotechnology enterprise specializing in biopharmaceuticals, custom research and clinical research.The company applies its proprietary fermentation technologies to make effective and innovative biomolecules in diabetology, oncology, cardiology and other therapeutic segments.
Biocon Park comprises an integrated cluster of research laboratories and manufacturing facilities laid out on a 90 acre expanse in Bommasandra Industrial Area – Phase IV, near Electronic City. Biocon Park is focused on exports of both bio-pharmaceutical products and research services. The multi-product facilities mainly cater to the following disease segments: cardiovascular, cholesterol reduction, immunosuppressants in organ transplantation, diabetes and cancer.
AchievementsSome of the many achievements are:
- India's first biotechnology company to export microbial enzymes to USA and Europe
- First biotechnology company to receive ISO 9001 certification in India
- Syngene, is India's first custom research company in drug discovery
- Clinigene, has India's first CAP (College of American Pathologists) accredited clinical research laboratory
- Biotech Product and Process Development and Commercialisation Award, 2001 by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
- First company, globally to manufacture human insulin, INSUGEN®, using a Pichia expression system, 2004
- Biocon launched BIOMAb EGFR™, the first indigenously developed humanized monoclonal antibody for head & neck cancer
20th KM, Hosur Road
Bangalore - 560 100